Advantages of paying the affiliation fee at both National and Area level
At a National level:
- Training and moderation of adjudicators, national demonstrators, national judges, national speakers
- Residential courses and refresher days are held regularly for all disciplines to which Area-qualified members are encouraged to attend
- Entry into a National Show for competitors and visitors
- Access to NAFAS national residential events
- Affiliation to WAFA and RHS (allowing our members to compete at their shows)
- Opportunity to arrange flowers at Westminster Abbey
- Affiliation to WAFA – World Association of Floral Artists – with an event hosted by a WAFA member country held every three years.
- Opportunity to have designs featured in The Flower Arranger magazine
- Promotion of National Flower Arranging Day
- Supporting a national voice for flower arranging
At Sussex Area level:
- Eligibility to compete at Area Shows
- Access to Members’ Days with national and local speakers and first-class demonstrators
- Access to Area Workshops
- Subsidised training for demonstrators, judges and speakers as well as beginners’ classes and certificated NAFAS qualifications
- Club Officers’ Day
- Club Chairmen’s Forums
- Club delegate at Council meetings – have your say regarding the Sussex Area
- Members can attend Council meetings, Members’ days and Area workshops, including photography
- Participation in Area Flower Festivals
- Non-affiliated clubs may pay significantly more for demonstrators
- Eligibility for Area bursaries
- Access to a Mentorship Programme
- Discounted subscription to The Flower Arranger magazine.
- Possibility to arrange flowers at Westminster Abbey
- Clubs are automatically covered by the public liability provided by Sussex Area’s policy, although those clubs requiring contents cover would need to take their own policy as only contents belonging to the Area are covered by the policy.
- Public Liability: Clubs do not have to opt in. If clubs taken out their own policy, they may nor may not have separate public liability cover. This depends on the scope of the policy. However, in the event of a claim only one policy would be applicable.